We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Peacham?

bgreene13
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner in Peacham?

On Oct. 2nd, my husband and I will attend the Fall Foliage Festival in Peacham. Afterward, we will drive around some of the back roads between Peacham and Danville on our way back up to the Lyndonville area.

Can anyone recommend a dinner spot (preferably locally-grown foods or healthier fare) in the vicinity of our venture?

Thanks!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in Peacham?

The Creamery, Restaurant & Pub, in Danville, (802) 684-3616

A great local culinary institution.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in Peacham?

I second the Creamery. In St. Johnsbury, Elements is excellent. We just went to the Tamarack Grill at Burke Mountain (about 10 minutes from Lyndonville) and it was excellent. Another option, also in East Burke is the River Garden Cafe. All offer local ingredients when available and are excellent.

bgreene13
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in Peacham?

Great suggestion! I've heard about The Creamery during my research of the NEK. We'll definitely check it out that night.

Have any of you been to Marty's 1st Stop in Danville? We're thinking of trying it before we hit the Great Corn Maze on Oct. 3rd. How would you rate it?

bgreene13
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner in Peacham?

Oh, vter, thanks for the recommendation for East Burke. We'll be in that area to bike the trails, so I'll keep that one in mind for then. :)

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner in Peacham?

Marty's makes really good made to order subs/sandwiches and they also have good salads (potato, pasta, etc.). They have pre-made sandwiches, but I'd go up to the deli and order one fresh. It's just a store, so no real seating. I swung in there today to grab a drink for my ride home and remember seeing a picnic table outside that you can use to eat at.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
28 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner in Peacham?

There's a cafe in Lyndonville on Darling Hill Road that is ALL about locally grown food - it's delicious. It's inside the Stepping Stone Spa & Wellness Center, which is right next to the Wildflower Inn.

I would highly recommend it, especially for the view you'd be able to take in during foliage season! You can read my review of the place here:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g57311-d11…

Be sure to check out Elements also if you have the time, and Marty's for takeout food. The Danville Store (not sure if that's the exact name, but it's on the way from Marty's to Peacham in the center of Danville), is worth a visit, too. They have delicious wines and cheeses, as well as all sorts of little gifts.

Have a great time! Where are you staying up there?

7. Re: Dinner in Peacham?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 13:18