We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

massachusetts
5 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

In Quechee- I can't find any info on it!

I'd like to plan a romantic getaway.

Any info would help. Thanks!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

Do you mean Shepherd's Hill Farm in Taftsville?

I don't know anything about it, but their website is at http://www.shepherdshillfarm.com/

Their website suggests the following:

<<Guests may participate in farm chores, if desired, consisting of feeding the sheep, moving fences to assure proper grazing rotation, cleaning the barn, or weeding the garden. If honey is being harvested you can help spin it down. Egg collection is also an option from the farm's barred rock hens.>>

I'm sure doing farm chores has appeal to some city folks with idealized notions about the simple life in the country. Having spent my childhood next to a farm, I have to admit that I've always been amused(and impressed!) by the notion that you could charge guests to stay at your farm, and have them pay you to do your chores! LOL!

massachusetts
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

No, it's a different Bed and Breakfast than Shepherd Hill Farm.

I can't find any info on the Shepherd's Inn at all!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

Where did you hear about it? A quick google search yields nothing.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

Since Taftsville and Quechee are about 2 miles apart, I strongly doubt that there is another inn so close by that uses the name 'Shepherd' other than the Shepherd Hill Farm.

massachusetts
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

Yes, in fact they are two separate places. I am totally certain. I was referred to "Shepherd's Inn" by the people at Clearwater Pond.

I also assumed that they were the same B&B, and just today realized that I had not booked a room at the same place I thought I had. I also could not find any info on google.

The proprietor of "Shepherd's Inn's name is Kay Ross, if that helps.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

I googled her and she is a realtor in Quechee. You should be able to contact her fairly easily.

http://www.house-hunting.com/kayross/

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

wouldn't it be easier to just book somewhere else :-)

8. Re: Has anyone ever heard of Shepherd's Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 20:16