We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vermont Foliage - mid october

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Topic
Vermont Foliage - mid october

I am considering a trip to Vermont this foliage season, but the only dates that work out are October 16 - 19. Will I miss the peak foliage there?

I live in the NYC suburbs. It would have to be a reasonable drive from there, but otherwise I am flexible for the exact location/town in Vermont.

What do you think?

North Bennington...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Vermont Foliage - mid october

Hi, quintessential!

The Bennington, VT area is seeing a rapid color change this week. Peak season might be before October 15 this year. Normally, I would encourage a trip to North Bennington for a quiet stay which is only 3 - 3 & 1/2 hours from your area. However, if you stayed in Williamstown, MA - the Berkshires can be a super place for viewing some spectacular foilage colors. Williamstown is half an hour drive to Bennington. Staying in VT means you get the VT experience and can drive to the colors or stay in MA & drive north if that's where the best viewing is. Lodging availability might be your key decision maker. The Chamber of Commerce in Bennington & Williamstown would be able to assist you with finding a room. It's worth the trip!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vermont Foliage - mid october

I'm also seeing surprising amounts of early color in northern Vermont's Champlain Valley, peak here is usually the dates you plan to visit, but I suspect that this year's foliage is going to arrive earlier than normal.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vermont Foliage - mid october

Ditto here in Chester - its gorgeous. Not quite peak but not far off. I still think that if quintessential hasn't book accommodation they may struggle as most October weekends have been booked up for weeks.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vermont Foliage - mid october

I really want to try to find peak foliage for that time.

Can anyone suggest a good place to do that?

Thanks!

southeastern, pa
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vermont Foliage - mid october

Pennsylvania, and probably cheaper.

6. Re: Vermont Foliage - mid october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 03:16