We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vermont in April

Houston
6 posts
Save Topic
Vermont in April

I have 3 days in New Jersey & plan a trip to Boston, Maine, Vermont in April 1. I heard April in Vermont is mudddy...should I visit Vermont 100 at that time ?Please let me know your suggestions.

Thanks a lot

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vermont in April

VT 100 is a paved road, no mud. You could find muddy back roads, but you don't need to travel on them. We have plenty of paved roads.

April is fickle could be snowing or raining or sunny, 20 degrees or 60 degrees

There is usually at least one snowfall in April of 5 inches or more, but the snow doesn't stick around for long.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vermont in April

Mud is unlikely to be your problem.

If you are accustomed to Houston temperatures, April in Vermont likely will feel very cold to you, especially if it's raining.

Bring layers, sweaters, and warm gloves.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,164 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vermont in April

What's your general itinerary? Are you thinking to visit Boston, Maine and Vermont on 4/1? That's a 24 hour driving extravaganza for April fools' day.

:)

4. Re: Vermont in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 09:16