We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October Road Trip

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
October Road Trip

I am planning a road trip to Burlington,Vermont from NJ. Any suggestions of things that should not be missed? What is a good amount of time to stay?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October Road Trip

When in October? The reason I ask is that this is peak tourist season and lodging can be hard to come by, especially on weekends. The colleges in the Burlington area usually have parent's weekends in Oct so hotels get booked.

Anyway, lots of great routes from Jersey. What are your interests? How much time do you have?

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October Road Trip

I am planning on traveling up on Saturday the 17th but I am flexible. I have the week so I have time to stop on the way up and back. My husband and I are looking to enjoy the scenery, maybe hike or go for a bike ride, eat at good restaurants and avoid tourist traps.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October Road Trip

77 Explorer..

Take route 7 north from Bennington and the south of the State, then get over to route 100 north from Manchester and you can see wonderful villages like Weston(Vermont Country Store) deviate off to Chester & Grafton, Visit Calvin Coolidge Homestead in Plymouth, skip along route 4 east to Woodstock 'one of 5 prettiest towns in the US' (www.woodstockvt.com) and Texas Falls just outside of Rochester. I'd then skip over the mountains down route 125 west to Middlebury and then head back over to Warren/Waitsfield by another mountain pass. I'd avoid route 7 north for a lot of the way simply cos' route 100 is more beautiful. You should see loads of colour either side of the Green mountains, but the higher elevations may be past there peak.

There are many other places to shop/eat/view and it depends what takes your fancy.....

4. Re: October Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2016, 17:30
5. Re: October Road Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 07:16