We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route 100 - weekend of Oct 10th

boston
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Route 100 - weekend of Oct 10th

Hello,

I'm planning to take route 100 up to the Grand Isle state park for a camping trip the weekend of Oct 10th. Is it too late for the foliage? Should I take the trip a week earlier 10/2? Thanks for your help!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route 100 - weekend of Oct 10th

As long as the camping ground is open, you should be fine. "The islands" are one of the last places to have its leaves turn in Vermont. Climate is modified by the lake and low altitude.

Don't forget to visit the Hackett's and Allenholm Apple Orchards in South Hero, supposedly a good year for apples. There is also Snow Farm ( Vineyards/ Winery) in South Hero to visit. In the area, the Blue Paddle Bistro is a good place to have a nice dinner.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,223 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route 100 - weekend of Oct 10th

The foliage should be super at that time.

Rt 100 doesn't go to Grand Isle. From Rt. 100, you'd take I-89 from Waterbury north ~40 min, then take Exit 17 to Rt. 2 north to the 'Champlain Islands'. Grand Isle is ~6 miles or so from I-89 exit 17. The foliage should be looking good then.

3. Re: Route 100 - weekend of Oct 10th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Vermont