We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
373 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions

My husband and I are planning a long weekend in New England at the end of the month. We will be driving up from Philadelphia and staying in Waterbury at the Old Stage Coach Inn. On Thursday we planning on going to Ben & Jerry's, Cold Hollow Cider, and Cabot's creamery.

We are looking for suggestions for Friday. We plan to drive route 100 to Burlington, and other than my co worker suggesting lunch at the Red Onion Cafe we really do not have a clue what else we should do. Any suggestions that you have would be great!

thanks in advance!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions

Shelburne Museum, please do yourself a favor and visit it. You'll be blown away.

www.shelburnemuseum.com

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions

You will take route 89 from Waterbury to Burlington. Shelburne Musuem I would second that suggestion. It's aobut 15 minutes south of Burlington in Shelburne.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,762 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions

A few other excellent restaurants in Burlington:

Tratoria Delia - The best place in town IMHO. Sweet northen Italian food and a long wine list.

The Scuffer - superb pub fare and high-end beer selection.

Ri-Ras - Great ambiance and good pub food.

Halvorsens and Nectars - Both icons with decent food, good bar service and music many days.

The bike path along the lake is great for walking - or renting bikes for an hour or two.

There are a few nice little art galleries along the bike path too, which are fun to see.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,762 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions

Incidentally, how long will you be in Burlington? Are you looking just for lunch and afternoon ideas or 1-2 days' worth?

5. Re: Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 05:18