We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Skiing in Vermont

Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best Skiing in Vermont

I have a buisness trip coming up soon. I am looking to spend a couple days skiing. What is the best place to ski in vermont. I will be going by myself and I am a very experienced skiier that loves challenges.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Skiing in Vermont

Lots of good ski areas. In the north Stowe and Sugarbush. Central Vermont, Killington and Okemo. In the south, Stratton and Mount Snow. Not sure, but think Stowe and Sugarbush probably have more of the challenging terrain you are seeking, but that's a hunch not a fact.

Where in Vermont will you be staying?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Skiing in Vermont

Well if the ice and narrow NE trails aren't enough of a challenge all by themselves (kidding about the ice as conditions are great now).

Stratton has the most challenging terrain in the south and is 100% open.

Killington certainly has a reputation as a great mountain with a ton of skiing as you head north.

You don't say where you are leaving from as there may be rec's in NH or ME if you will be in the Boston area.

If you are typically a Colo skier, then don't expect the wide open trails above treeline. Nor will you find the kind of expert run like kt-22 which keeps beating on you all the way down.

3. Re: Best Skiing in Vermont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 05:17