We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer vacation near Johnson

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
382 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Summer vacation near Johnson

My daughter will be attending a dance summer camp at Johnson State College at the end of July/early August. We'd like to stay nearby so it will be easy to commute every day. Any recommendations? I have 3 children, ages 12 (the dancer), 9, and 2. We'd like to stay in a place on a lake, if possible, or at a place with a pool. We've looked at Smuggler's Notch, which may be too expensive for the entire two weeks, but maybe for part of the trip. Any suggestions?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer vacation near Johnson

Golden Eagle Resort in Stowe seems to be a relatively reasonable and popular choice in this forum.

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer vacation near Johnson

I'm suprised that the college doesn't have housing options for you. If you have not already asked, you should. There is a lot of housing on the JSC campus, including a number of apartments for families. I'd think that they'd be open to renting to someone using their facilities durring the summer.

There aren't any lakes in Johnson. There is a lake in Eden, which is ten miles to the north of Johnson village. Eden is very rural and a bit rough ... but also very beautiful. There are no hotels in Eden. You'd have to find a lakeside cabin to rent. There are some weekly rentals there.

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r8846

Morrisiville is 8 miles east of Johnson. There is a cheap motel there called the Sunset Motor Inn. It isn't great but they have a pool and it would be an easy commute to bring your daughter to JSC. The Sunset is ten minutes from Lake Elmore ... which is gorgeous.

You could also try finding a weekly rental on Lake Elmore.

vacationhomerentals.com/vacation-rentals/Lak…

Smuggler's Notch is really nice, if it's in your budget.

There aren't many places to stay in Johnson. No hotels. No inns. But it is a fantastic little place.

I'll try to think of some other options for you ...

3. Re: Summer vacation near Johnson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 05:17