We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foliage help for next week

Kissimmee, Fl
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Foliage help for next week

I am comming to Stowe/ Burlington area Oct 5-9 (next week) I thought I had it all planned to schedule and now the leaves are almost peak now. Do you think It will still be beautiful in those areas next week? I cant go further south than Waterbury since our accomodations are in Cambridge area. Any suggestions or assurance? Thanks

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foliage help for next week

It will still be nice. The color is not quite here in the Burlington area and the adjoining Champlain Valley.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,229 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foliage help for next week

Agreed. You'll find plenty of great color. Some of the higher elevations around Stowe may be past, but you're in the sweet spot time-wise this year.

Kissimmee, Fl
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foliage help for next week

Thanks . I'm a little relieved. I know there will be color but its the mental thought of missing peak. lol

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foliage help for next week

Are you having any effects from the latest storm along the coast? Of course when we read about it, they say it's moving toward "New England..."

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foliage help for next week

This is the heaviest rainfall I've seen in years. One effect it has it that it hides the colors in the mist and fog and deluge. The other effect that will become apparent when the rains are gone is that many of the trees will have lost a lot of leaves, the combination of rain and wind will likely not be a positive thing for leaf-peeping.

Boston
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Foliage help for next week

We would like to come over there for the Columbus weekend but I am having a hard time to find a place where to sleep. Do you have any suggestion for a nice/clean B&B?

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,229 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Foliage help for next week

There are a bunch of B&Bs in many towns around and between Stowe and Burlington. There are a handful in Richmond, Jericho and Underhill, which might not be quite as popular asw those right in the larger towns. Mama Bowers in Richmond, and the Sinclair Inn in Underhill and the Sampler House in Milton are all decent options.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Foliage help for next week

Can anyone give a foliage update for Columbus Day weekend?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Foliage help for next week

Obviously, it will vary depending on where you are going in Vermont. Overall, though, it looks like this weekend will be gorgeous, because colors are nearing peak in lots of the state, and the weather forecast is for lots of sunshine on Saturday and Sunday. :-)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Foliage help for next week

My wife and I (mid 50's) have just stayed at the excellent Fitch Hill B&B just north of Stowe. Just read the the reviews - you won't find a better place to stay.

Get answers to your questions about Vermont