We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Cabot?

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner in Cabot?

Hello! Husband and I are headed to the Rabbit Hill Inn for a romantic anniversary getaway. Wondering if there are any other places to eat in the town of Cabot or is the dining room at the Inn the only place in town? I learned from a previous trip to the Inn at Weston that driving 20 miles round trip on dark Vermont roads is not the best way to get dinner after a day of sight seeing. :) We haven't yet made a reservation for dinner at the Inn because of the prices, but if it is the only place to eat in town then I'm willing to splurge.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in Cabot?

The Rabbit Hill Inn is in Lower Waterford, and is at least a 10 mile drive from Cabot...

Both are very tiny towns, if Cabot itself has a full restaurant, that would be news to me. There are other places to eat such as in Danville at the Creamery Restaurant.

RHI's dining room has a great reputation, though I understand your concerns about price.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in Cabot?

As sign mentioned...the Rabbit Hill Inn is not in Cabot. It's in Lower Waterford. Cabot & Lower Waterford are at least 1/2 hour apart!

That said, the Rabbit Hill Inn has a great restaurant. Nothing else in the village. You'll have to drive to Littleton or St. Johnsbury (10-15 minutes) for other choices.

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in Cabot?

Ah!! Thanks for the clarification! If I had dug a little deeper on the map I would have seen that. I appreciate knowing what I'm getting into before we arrive. Will have to talk to my husband and decide what our game plan will be for dinner.

Thanks again! Can't wait to visit your beautiful state!

4. Re: Dinner in Cabot?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2011, 05:18