We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your suggestion pls for lodging mid-point VT and NH???

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
908 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Your suggestion pls for lodging mid-point VT and NH???

Hi! We are excited to see the fall colors in Vermont and NH this year. Currently planning a driving scenic tour starting off around Vermont and New Hampshire areas.

Since we plan to use VT and NH as a base...could anyone please suggest a mid-point area between these two states where we could find lodging in a B&B or small inns?

Thank you!

Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your suggestion pls for lodging mid-point VT and NH???

Depends on whether you'd like to be north, south, or middle. In the northern part of the states, St. Johnsbury VT, and Littleton & Bethlehem NH would be nice home bases. I like Bethlehem myself - a very pretty little town on Rt. 302, with good access to the scenic presidential mtns of NH.

Stowe and Burlington VT are my haunts - not very central for your purposes, but both are excellent bases for foliage drives if your travels take you farther west.

Bear in mind that the colors change earliest in the north.. and in the higher elevations... so you can dial in your foliage driving tours according to where the colors are best at the time you're here. Enjoy!

Edited: 26 June 2011, 18:59
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your suggestion pls for lodging mid-point VT and NH???

Other choice might Norwich, Vt which borders NH, or Quechee/ Woodstock VT area,still close to the NH border but I think has quite a bit more to offer.

These would be more accessible to Boston or New York- fwiw.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
908 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your suggestion pls for lodging mid-point VT and NH???

ChrisR_in_VT....Bethlehem, are there any B&Bs?

Thanks!

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
908 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your suggestion pls for lodging mid-point VT and NH???

Hi davebvt....I'll check them out. I'm looking for those places with a typical New England flavor.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your suggestion pls for lodging mid-point VT and NH???

Not really sure what you mean about a mid point between two contiguous states. and you don't tell us how long the trip will be or if you are going to or would consider more than one locale.

Northern NE is easily accessible if you are driving N/S but is a much longer traverse when you go E/W. Do you really intend to cover both states from stem to stern? Finding lodging options is the easy part (although reservations are required during the fall or you may get shut out)

Please give a little more info.

6. Re: Your suggestion pls for lodging mid-point VT and NH???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 11:17