We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nyc to vermont than maine

lebanon
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
nyc to vermont than maine

Please after lenghty research and help would like to finalize my dirving route to Vermont:

Would like to take the most scenic route but also would like to pass through pretty interesting towns. Help would be much appreciated:

Option 1 :

Northampton Mass , Historic Deerfield, than Vermont to Newfane, Grafton, woodstock, Quechee, Weston, Stowe than drive through Kangamangus Highway than to Miane

Option 2:

From NYC to Bennington VT, than 7A north to Woodstock than towards Stowe than to Kangamangus highway.

Option3: to take from Bennington Highway 100 north to Woodstock.

Waiting for your insight to know which route i shall take.

Thank you

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: nyc to vermont than maine

I'd go north on I-91 to Brattleboro.

Then West on Rt 9 to Wilmington.

Then North on Rt. 100 to Bridgewater.

Then East on Rt. 4 to Woodstock.

It isn't the fast route. It's the beautiful route. Then again, the fast route is awfully beautiful too.

lebanon
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nyc to vermont than maine

thank you for your fast help. Was just lost with route 7A.

I amnot looking for the fast route but the most scenic one.

Again thank you for your suggestion.

Any preference where i should spend the night?

lebanon
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nyc to vermont than maine

ok have plugged the itenerary onto the map.

After woodstock would you suggest that i take I- 91 north to Kangamangus highway or another route to reach Kangamangus?, even if longer since my whole trip i will have 10 days including going to coastal area of Maine than go to boston for 2 days than back to JFK. (so the whole trip 10 days)

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: nyc to vermont than maine

Did you want to spend the night in Woodstock? I'm not familiar enough with the accomodations in that town. Others here will chime in, I'm sure.

To get to Kangamangus:

I would take I-91 to Wells River, cross over into Woodsville, NH and then take Rt 112 to Lincoln, NH.

If you really hate taking interstate highways, you could take Rt 5 instead of I-91. Rt 5 is nice because you'll get to drive through all of the little Vermont towns and villages and it will be a prettier drive than the highway. But again, it'll be slower.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nyc to vermont than maine

Route 100....inn my opinion is the best option. It is beautiful and will take you through many small towns and villages. Pay close attention to the following:

Jamaica....easy access to wonderful trials in the Green mountains

Weston......Home of Vermont Country Store, the Weston Priory, and on the historical registry

Plymouth....Calvin Coolidge homestead

and much, much more!

enjoy....Dan

6. Re: nyc to vermont than maine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Vermont