We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leave Saturday, will itinerary be affected by flood damage?

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Leave Saturday, will itinerary be affected by flood damage?

Hi all, we are leaving for New England this coming Saturday and will be in the Jackson area from Sept 13th-17th. We were hoping to do a day trip to Woodstock VT via Hanover NH one of the days we are in Jackson.

I know it's hard to judge two weeks in advance, but could some of the local experts maybe tell us if we're likely to have to change plans due to flood damage.

Thanks in advance, I haven't planned routes etc as we will probably just drive the most direct route as advised by our GPS.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leave Saturday, will itinerary be affected by flood damage?

Morning and hello again NCMC,

Please still make your day trip to Woodstock VT as your road access throught the State is not bad if you stick to highways. In Woodstock the worst damage seems to be west of the village on routes 4 & 100. By September 13th things should have dramatically improved.

Best advice is get a FREE VT State map and don't rely on GPS! Also check out www.511vt.com for road issues when you arrive in the US.

Please DO COME and visit as we want to dispel the myth that Vermont is a disaster zone, as it is NOT! We need travellers to spread this message. Certain villages have been badly affected, but many areas of the State show no damage at all.

Keep posting here and look at the central forum page of State area updates created by NBPINVT

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leave Saturday, will itinerary be affected by flood damage?

Aw thanks David, I think we'll be taking the highways regardless as it is a pretty long trip and don't want to make it longer by going via backroads. I will be sure to check that link on the day before our trip, but good to hear that the main roads are for the most part ok. Glad to hear Woodstock isn't holding up too badly. Did I hear that a covered bridge in Quechee is gone? So sad to see so many beautiful landmarks lost.

Now, more importantly, was it Jersey Creams or Custard Creams you were after???

3. Re: Leave Saturday, will itinerary be affected by flood damage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 01:17