We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Warm and Friendly Welcome Awaits.....

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
Save Topic
A Warm and Friendly Welcome Awaits.....

... in Vermont!

We are just back from our wonderful roadtrip (Vermont/Quebec). We spent 2 nights in Stowe en route to Quebec, and 1 night in Woodstock on way back down to Boston.

We were amazed at the warmth (and resilience) of Vermonters in the wake of the recent storm.

Those of you who are planning trips in the next few weeks are in store for a great treat with foliage as the trees were beginning to "blush" at us this week on the way back to Boston. Can only begin to imagine what they will be like in another few days/weeks.

It was sad to see pockets of devastation and hear some of the stories, and for that reason Vermont needs (and deserves) visitors to come and visit.

We werent inconvenienced at all during our trip, apart from slight detours on Route 100, but in the grander scale of things, it wasnt an issue in comparison to the misfortune some families in the area have suffered. Again, all's the more reason to visit and help in some small way to help get these people back on their feet.

We had a wonderful time, and as soon as I can get my act together, I will write up a Trip Report to share some of the wonders and splendours that we found during our short time in Vermont.

Thanks to all of you who helped either directly or indirectly in making our stay so memorable by the great postings on this forum. :-)

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Warm and Friendly Welcome Awaits.....

...and a big thank you for the Custard creams!!!!!!!!! Delicious with my tea and it's done nothing but rain since you dropped them of at the inn....so cool tonight that I've lit the fire!

Edited: 02 October 2011, 00:25
Odessa, Tx
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Warm and Friendly Welcome Awaits.....

So nice of you to reaffirm the work those folks have done so the fall season will be pleasant for those coming to the state despite what the national news has portrayed. May I suggest folks continue to read the forums. I've learned quite a lot in prep for our trip oct 6-15.

3. Re: A Warm and Friendly Welcome Awaits.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 01:20
Get answers to your questions about Vermont