We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Vermont fun with toddlers

New Jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Vermont fun with toddlers

I'm thinking of heading up toy Southern Vermont for a couple of days in Jan or Feb with my wife, mother-in-law, a 2 y/o and 3 y/o. I'm looking for someplace where I can take the kids to have fun in the snow (tubing, sleigh rides, etc...) but not necessarily skiing as they're a bit young yet. I'm open to a hotel or condo but would like to have some sort of town or downtown where we can do a little shopping, grab some food and maybe entertain the kids a little. That being said, I'm also open to staying at a ski resort if there's things to do for the family. This is my mom-in law's first time to VT so we're looking forward to being tourists!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Vermont fun with toddlers

Well let me recommend Manchester to you. It's a lovely little town with tons of things going on. For your little people there is skating at the Riley Rink [yes we do put them on skates that early], sledding on the hill in front of Burr & Burton. Playing in the Manchester Rec Park.

You can take them snowshoeing at Hildene Muesum the home of Robert Todd Lincoln [you would snowshoe and pull them behind you on a sled, or they could try to snowshoe] You can rent snowshoes at Hildene.

How about taking a ride on a dog sled at Vermont Dog Sledding Adventures 220 Hilltop Rd, South Londonderry, VT.

You can spend hours with the little people at the Northshire book store. They have a children sections that is amazing.

Go to Orvis and watch the fish swim in and out of the ponds.

See to you we had a lot to do.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Vermont fun with toddlers

Also, Stratton has a daycare where the kids do activities both in and outdoors which can give the adults some time to themselves. don't have to be skiing to avail yourself.

as for skiing, 2 is young but we had our daughter on skis at 3 1/2.

3. Re: Southern Vermont fun with toddlers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2012, 10:19