We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quechee Gorge with dog

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Quechee Gorge with dog

I read thatdiogeness are not allowed in 'day areas' of the state park. Can you take a dog down the trail to the bottom of the gorge from the visitor center?

Also, is it pronounced Kee-chee? :-)

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quechee Gorge with dog

It's pronounced Kweechee. Not sure about the dog issue, but hopefully David will pop in shortly with a response as he's next door in Woodstock and might know.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,686 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quechee Gorge with dog

Morning Flannan,

Sad to say as a dog owner...I didn't know the answer to your question. If I didn't have my broken leg I'd check it out today in person.

However I did phone the VT State parks and they informed me that dogs are allowed but one has to keep dogs on a leash at all times....so please do check it out and may your woofas tail wag with gusto!.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quechee Gorge with dog

Sorry to hear about your leg; bet your dog is not enjoying you being laid up :-)

Thanks for your extra effort. I saw the policy on one of the state park sites but it was vague exactly where it applied. We will bring the lonnng leash.

Kwee-chee- got it! I like to know my pronunciations when I travel; cuts down on people snickering at us out of towners :-)

Just noticed in my post that my auto- correct changed 'dog' to Diogenes lol. I guess dogs , like Diogenes, always seek an honest man :-)

4. Re: Quechee Gorge with dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:41