We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Vermont Inns

3 posts
Save Topic
Romantic Vermont Inns

Looking for suggestions for some romantic inns in Vermont for our anniversary this year. Would be traveling in early November. Any suggestions?

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

Bubba12803...

What do seek to be Romantic? Lots of lace and doilies.....great bathrooms...amazing views.....incredible food.....quietness and remoteness......contemporary design...health spas...village life or city style...????????????

We really need more details of type and location and also how much you wish to spend. I'd happily suggest Twin Farms in Barnard but that starts at around $1600.00 ex tax per night!

conn
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

Check out the inns in Woodstock, some great romantic inns there.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

The Inn at Shelburne Farms is lovely, and all around you is the spectacular beauty of woods, fields, and Lake Champlain. See the reviews here on Trip Advisor, too.

shelburnefarms.org/comevisitus/rooms.shtml

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

The Inn at Shelburne Farms is wonderful, but it's not "winterized", and closes every October....this year, the last day is October 21, so the OP's desire for a nice place in November will have to exclude this lovely place.

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

I did look at Twin Farms and while all the rooms are beyond beautiful I just can't justify the price. That being said I don't mind paying for quality. I would like an inn that has great food. I would like a room/suite with fireplace and private bath. Not looking for a spa, just something quaint, quiet and relaxing. I am open to anywhere in Vermont.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

Suggestion......start with Trip Advisor. Most communities have a great Inn or two.....not all have something worthy of your honeymoon needs. Trip Advisor is the place to start.

have fun

Dan

Connecticut
Level Contributor
613 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

Narrow down your location. We had a great stay at The Snow Goose Inn in the Mt Snow area.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,316 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

Signothetimes, thanks very much for catching the closing dates, which I overlooked.

Bubba, my husband and I stayed at the Four Columns Inn in Newfane for one of our anniversaries. It's beautiful and has an excellent restaurant on-site:

http://www.fourcolumnsinn.com/

Newfane is a quiet town, though, so if you're looking for night life, it wouldn't be the best spot for you. Just another idea.

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't really have a set location in mind. We have stayed in the Manchester/Arlington area before. There are so many great inns in Vermont I was hoping some of your suggestions would help me narrow down the choices.

Vermont, USA
Level Contributor
123 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic Vermont Inns

The Pitcher Inn in Warren is worth a look. It has two restaurants. One is fancy and the other is more of a comfortable pub. You can also have dinner in their wine cellar. I haven't stayed there (I live nearby) but I've eaten at both restaurants and toured the rooms.

http://www.pitcherinn.com/

Get answers to your questions about Vermont