We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Vermont

Moncton, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Vermont

Hi,

We're planning our Honeymoon in Vermont for this September (2012). We're looking to spend 3-4 nights, thinking about staying in the Stowe area, and maybe driving over to Burlington for a day. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to go, eat, stay, or things to do around these areas?

Or, alternatively, any other ideas for a honeymoon in the New England states? We're not too keen on B&B's, would rather stay in a hotel. We're driving from New Brunswick, Canada, so i'd say a 10-12 hour drive is enough time to spend in the car as newlyweds, lol.

Any Suggestions?

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Vermont

The brand new Stowe Mountain Lodge would be a great hotel in Stowe, though it won't be cheap. Book soon to make sure you don't crash into foliage season.

Burlington can be fun, too, the Courtyard by Marriott is the newer, preferred hotel, get a lakeside room. Lots of shopping, restaurants, cafes within walking distance. The Hilton would be 2nd choice, again get a lakeside view room.

But if it's me, I'd package this trip with a few nights in downtown Montreal. Just 2 hours north of Stowe/Burlington, and a wonderful city for a honeymoon.

2. Re: Honeymoon in Vermont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:16