We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Oct 1,2012 for fall color & history

Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Oct 1,2012 for fall color & history

Would love to get some ideas for a itinerary for travel for my husband and me. Will be arriving from the south(way south) and could use some help on traveling drives for fall color, small towns and history. We have about 5-7 days to accomplish. We will just be exploring Vermont. I know I need to get busy to book hotels. Not real picky about cost of where we stay. I figured cost would be much higher in the fall Also, does Vermont have any apps or podcast that would be interesting for fall travel and history. Thx in advance for any help.

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,696 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Oct 1,2012 for fall color & history

Morning Cajunblu,

Prior to giving you detailed advice, what else do you wish to do in your trip? Hike or eat and drink all day. See museums or visit craft shops? Take pictures or sit a while, stay in large resorts/hotels or intimate inns and B & B's.....I would be biased and say that Woodstock VT must be on your drive and stay.....so check out the village website www.woodstockvt.com. I

t is for good reason the village is often described as being one of the 5 prettiest in all of the US!

Do get booking your accommodation NOW! I co-own a small inn in Woodstock and we are joyously showing more early reservations than last year and are already 67% full for the first two weeks of October.

Edited: 15 August 2012, 13:36
Lafayette, Louisiana
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Oct 1,2012 for fall color & history

Thx, David for a quick response.

Short mile or two hikes are good, not crafty museums but we like historically ones. Not particular about where to stay. We def had Woodstock on our sites. We do like exploring small towns and local eateries. Being a retired teacher I never could before take a trip in the Fall and this is my chance. Interested in seeing covered bridges and waterfalls. We don't have too many of those where I am.

Thanks

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,371 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Oct 1,2012 for fall color & history

A covered bridge or 2 can be seen along the Lamoile River in the the town of Jeffersonville I believe. Waterfalls can be seen along Rt. 108 between Stowe and Jeffersonville. There are also some nice small falls a short walk from Rt. 108, called Bingham Falls. Stowe is another nice town you might enjoy visiting.

4. Re: Itinerary Oct 1,2012 for fall color & history

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:16