We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Jersey to Maine road trip advice

new jersey
Level Contributor
86 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
New Jersey to Maine road trip advice

Hello,

I would like to take a week long road trip from northern NJ to Arcadia NP in Maine in 2 weeks. I will be traveling solo so I am most interested in a scenic drive with an overnight stop somewhere in MA and possibly overnight in one town in Maine before spending 3 nights in Bar Harbor. On the drive back I would like to travel on different roads through Vermont and New Hampshire with the most picturesque views. I would like to overnight in a recommended area on my drive back to NJ. Would someone be able to give me advice on my itinerary? Thank you in advance!

1. Re: New Jersey to Maine road trip advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 September 2012, 14:05
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Jersey to Maine road trip advice

That's a LOT of driving for a 1 week trip. If you want to see areas like Stowe or Burlington VT, you can take Rt. 2 west from Bangor, Maine. It's ~ 7 hours' drive from Acadia to Burlington, and about 6.5 to Stowe.

From BTV, there are several ways to get back to the NYC area. (All are ~ 6 hours of driving.) 2 of my favs are to take 1 of the ferries across Lake Champlain, then take 87 south to NYC, or take the bridge across to Ticonderoga, then drive west by Paradox to 87.

Edited: 03 September 2012, 16:29
3. Re: New Jersey to Maine road trip advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 10:15