We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tree Status?

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tree Status?

We are there Sept 30-Oct 6. Staying in Burlington first part of the week and in Killington the 2nd. I see on a leaf map that they are turning already :( Think we're going to miss peak? :(

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tree Status?

You'll be fine! Burlington leaves don't hit peak 'til Mid October but if you head east into the mountains you'll see color. It should be great in Killington then.

The color that has changed right now is REALLY early color.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
328 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tree Status?

Thank you!! :) :)

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,237 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tree Status?

Agreed. It's looking like only a few of the more stressed trees are starting to turn. Hard to say when peak will be. I'd guess that it'll be a little early this year, but that's purely speculation. You should see some great color during your visit.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tree Status?

Hi guys in Alaska now for the first parmt of our trip, leaves have changed here, mainly golden, are looking formward to seeing the reds and orange of the other species, seems to be mainly birch and spruce up here.

Me not being a treeoligist can only assume.

Regards to all Scott. Land of Oz

5. Re: Tree Status?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:21
Get answers to your questions about Vermont