We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vermont

j52
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Vermont

Can anyone advise me on the better route from stowe to Boston for leaf peaping and scenery, we have one day to travel down, thanks in advance

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,888 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vermont

There is no wrong answer. I-89 is pretty, as is 100 (tho slower) and numerous other routes. It depends on when you're going and your travel desires.

j52
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vermont

We will be driving down october 4th, do you know how long route 100 takes to drive, i know its slow and probably busy that day. Tks

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vermont

J52 afternoon,

Driving from where to where on route 100?

j52
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vermont

Driving down from stowe to wrentham just outside boston, tks

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vermont

OK J52,

It will take about 7 hours if you go all the way down route 100 and then take Route 2 east off the I91 at the bottom of the State near Bernardston.

If you take route 100 and then route 4 to Woodstock and then get the I89 - I93 - I95 it would take about 5 hours. Add at least one hour for stops/some traffic on route 100 all the way.

Depends how much you want to see....the longer route will give you a complete snapshot of Vermont and northern MA.....

j52
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vermont

Tks so much

7. Re: Vermont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 10:16