We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer trip-what to see in Vermont in 3 days

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Summer trip-what to see in Vermont in 3 days

I am planning a solo driving trip (June or July) through New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine for either the summer of 2013 or 2014. (Alter I visit these three states, I will have seen all 50 states, and all but Hawaii by driving!) I am primarily interested in natural scenic areas, historic sites, old churches, and wildlife. Most nights I will be camping, but may also stay in budget B&Bs or local inns. My plan is to have at least 3 days in Vermont. I will be driving from Alabama, so my route will most likely be south-to-north or west-to-east. What are some "must-sees" in Vermont?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer trip-what to see in Vermont in 3 days

You have described 99% of Vermont. Start with" must see" in the search box. Go to visitvt.com and get the glossy book. You will find enough must sees for a lifetime and up to you to narrow down to what you can do in days. No point throwing out lodging until you decide where you will be.

conn
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer trip-what to see in Vermont in 3 days

The state of Vermont has many great inexpensive campgrounds, check out their website. If your camping I'd advise traveling in July, June is black fly season. The Green Mountain National forest has many great scenic areas. The Calvin Coolidge homestead is a great historical site, restored town where President Coolidge lived. Hike the Appalcachian trail.

Edited: 02 November 2012, 17:12
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer trip-what to see in Vermont in 3 days

For camping I love our State Parks. Branbury and Grand Isle are favorites of mine

http://www.vtstateparks.com/

Definitely order the vacation booklet from www.vermontvacation.com and narrow down some things you'd be interested in and then come back here and let us know so we can give you some more specifics!

Decatur, Alabama
Level Contributor
63 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer trip-what to see in Vermont in 3 days

Thanks so much. Especially appreciate the info about black flies in June. Those are not the type of wildlife I enjoy!

5. Re: Summer trip-what to see in Vermont in 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 10:17