We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the perfect place to stay for an x-country wknd

NYC
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
Looking for the perfect place to stay for an x-country wknd

Hi,

We are having a rare long weekend away from the kids and are looking for the perfect spot to stay at while we cross country ski. I am hoping to find an inn right on the trails where we can ski out the door. I would like it to also have a pub or restaurant with good food/drinks and a nice lounge/lobby where we can relax by the fire after skiing. I am also hoping to find a place that is not too 'shabby', however 'rustic' is OK. We have skied in Stowe already so hoping to keep it to southern or middle VT. (Also b/c it will be a shorter drive for us)

Thanks

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay for an x-country wknd

Blueberry Hill in Goshen (between Middlebury and Brandon) comes to mind. Cross Country ski center right at the inn.

However, the Inn/ski center is really isolated. Nothing else around for miles and miles. Its beautiful up there.

conn
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay for an x-country wknd

Look at Viking Nordic center, Londonderry ,Vt. I've stayed nearby at the Swiss Inn, around $150 with breakfast. Nothing fancy, clean and close to Viking.There are some small pubs nearby at Stratton Mt.

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay for an x-country wknd

Also, Mountaintop Inn in Chittenden, near Killington. I've never stayed there, but I have x0c skied there and it's gorgeous.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay for an x-country wknd

Viking Nordic Center in Londonderry

My fave is Grafton Ponds in the village of Grafton and the Grafton Tavern....well worth looking it up.

Have fun

Dan

5. Re: Looking for the perfect place to stay for an x-country wknd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 06:19