We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

toronto
Level Contributor
291 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

I know it is a matter of personal opinion but wondering which ski resort is most recommended for families. Looking for ski/in ski out. I like a little base village if possible. Also if there were restaurants and a apres ski bar. We would like to rent a condo with a hot tub. I am also wondering about the spring conditions and the comparing lift lines at different hills.

Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

Stowe

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

or stratton

toronto
Level Contributor
291 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

I had looked at Jay Peak and it also looked nice. Any opinions about Jay?

Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

Jay Peak is really nice. Only thing is there is nothing else around if you wanted to do anything else. They have the new huge indoor water park, its incredible!

toronto
Level Contributor
291 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

Are the trails ok for kids who are beginners and more advanced stuff for the adults?

Montpelier, Vermont
Level Contributor
19 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

Jay Peak is for everyone from beginner to expert, all kinds of skiing.

Edited: 01 April 2013, 02:49
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,123 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

Stowe has ski in/out but you drive to restaurants (not very far). Stratton has a village (take a look at website) which includes restaurants, shops which is walking from just about all the on slope lodging and many ski in/out options.

Smuggs is ski in and don't remember if there was ski out but there is a short shuttle bus from the lodging area and there is a restaurant and bar (note the singular) but is especially family oriented. usually ranked #1 for families in NE.

It appears sping conditions are pretty good but really need to check each resorts website for current status.

Coming from Toronto, would probably suggest Stowe but all things being equal, Stratton is easier mountain to learn how to navigate quickly if you have never been IMHO.

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

Stratton= easiest mt of the three, the most ski in ski out options and the most complete base village

Stowe= Fewer on mountain options, but some, Most double diamond terrain best ski town via shuttle

Jay= most powder and late season conditions, most glade skiing, smallest town, longest drive.

toronto
Level Contributor
291 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

Thanks for all your replies and help. I think I am leaning toward Jay Peak because of the indoor watermark that my kids would love. I think we will have to drive to restaurants after skiing though.

10. Re: Best ski resort with ski in/out accommodations. restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:17