We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Vermont?

Campinas
Level Contributor
55 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Vermont?

Hello to all of you!

Maybe you can help me with my question. We are planning a trip to New York for Christmas shopping, maybe around 15-20th of December 8coming from Brazil).

Now my wife has got the idea to go to Verment and spend Christmas there. For her it is romantic, nice, wonderful ... I am afraid it might be cold, too much snow and nothing to do but sit in the hotel.

Can you give me some idea of what we could do in Vermont / New England aound Christmas? Do you think it is a good idea or better come again in summer / fall?

Thanks for your comments

Alemao

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Vermont?

It probably will be cold, so if that's a deal-killer for you, you probably should not come. I can guarantee it will be beautiful, though, lots of Christmas lights and decorations in every town.

Too much snow? Not necessarily, we have lots of winters where the big snow doesn't arrive until January.

There's lots of things to do: skiing, sliding, skating, snowshoeing, sleigh rides, shopping, dining. Focus on the villages of Woodstock or Stowe to maximize your options.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Vermont?

It is a wonderful time to visit. No way to tell about snow except there is never too much. Even if there were a storm, the roads are cleared quickly and well. You can also stay further south in Manchester area. Lots to do there as well. Check out this.

http://www.hildene.org/news/calendar.html

Great place to visit, except on xmas when closed.

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Vermont?

Agree with the above, but it really isn't usually that much colder than NY, depending on the day and which part of VT you are referring to. And NY gets snow when Vermont doesn't sometimes!

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Vermont?

I think you should come to Burlington. There is plenty to do here, and when you walk down Church Street at night, when it is all lit up, and a gentle snow is falling, after a wonderful meal and drinks... Well, you just have to experience it.

5. Re: Christmas in Vermont?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:19