We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip in Sept from MN to Stowe

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
204 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip in Sept from MN to Stowe

My husband and I are planning a road trip from MN to New England for late Sept. Our first reservations are in Stowe.

We are looking at possible routes from St Paul and have considered driving through WI & MI into Ontario. We prefer the scenic route vs the larger cities of Chicago, Cleveland,etc.

Would you have any recommendations for a route from Ontario to VT? Have posted on the Ontario forum.

Any suggestions for where to enter the U.S.? Would be open to staying in Ontario or NY on route.

Thank you for your help.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip in Sept from MN to Stowe

I suggest trying the road trip forum.

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip in Sept from MN to Stowe

Last time I did that I went by way of Saut Ste Marie and Montreal

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
204 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip in Sept from MN to Stowe

Dear bushwacker44,

Did you drive on hwy 17? How were the roads? Is it pretty busy around Montreal?

Thanks for your help.

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip in Sept from MN to Stowe

Yes 17 and then the trans canada, It,s been a while, roads were fine,Ottawa was a bit conjested, you can stay south of Montreal and avoid the city entirely

5. Re: Road trip in Sept from MN to Stowe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 05:17