We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stow or Woodstock?

Boston...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Stow or Woodstock?

Considering a last minute one night trip. We have a gift card for New England Resorts to use, and Woodstock Inn and Trapp Family Lodge are interesting to me and are on the list. Woodstock is closer and looks more elegant, but we are Sound of Music Fans and would love that, too. Traveling with a 9-year-old and we like to hike, I was thinking about Quechee gorge (which looks very easy). Celebrating an anniversary so would like to do something nice. Ideas? Which would you chose? A friend of mine said she would prefer Trapp with kids.

Boston...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stow or Woodstock?

Sorry I forgot the 'e', should be Stowe!

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,968 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stow or Woodstock?

Both are great and offer plenty of charm for a 1-2 night stay. I personally like Stowe for the wider range of activities, restaurants, and shops... but either will fit the bill IMO.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 23:46
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,223 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stow or Woodstock?

This is one of those decisions you should not agonize about. Both are great and you are close enough to go back and for a longer trip.

Boston...
Level Contributor
63 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stow or Woodstock?

Thank you! Trapp Family Lodge it is! After spending more time on their website, I am excited about the Austrian feel (we LOVE Europe) and history tours. It will be memorable! Our daughter will love it. Thanks!

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stow or Woodstock?

You'll have a great time at Trapps. There's a bunch of kid activities in the fitness/pool building, in addition to a climbing wall which I think your daughter would be old enough to do.

If you like to hike, consider heading up Mt. Mansfield. If you drive up Route 108 to the ski area, pass by the ski area, and go another 1/4 mile or so, you'll see a trail head and parking on the left which is the Long Trail. ~3 miles one way up to the Chin of Mansfield.

If you're not up for that big of a hike, take the gondola at the ski area up to just below the chin and spend a few hours scrambling around the rocky ridgeline. However you get up there, on a clear day the views are spectacular.

6. Re: Stow or Woodstock?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:18