We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oct 18-20

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Oct 18-20

Hello,

I just found out that I'll be in VT Oct 21 for business. I'd like to spend the weekend, but havent had time to do any research. Can someone tell me whether foliage will still be good that weekend or is it too late? Any recommendations for regions or locations to stay for that weekend?

Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oct 18-20

If too late in VT, please recommend where in NE may still be peak.

Thanks!

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oct 18-20

You might see some late foliage in the Champlain Valley between Burlington and Middlebury and west to the lake. There is still quite a bit of green here.

Where in VT do you need to be on the 21st?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
222 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oct 18-20

Well, actually, I need to be in western New York on the 21st (buffalo area)... but I've always wanted to travel to VT in the fall. My plan would be to drive to WNY Sunday afternoon after dropping my wife off at airport. I haven't made my arrangements yet, but could arrive in Burlington or another airport as early as the 17th.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,160 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oct 18-20

I would just fly into Burlington and stay in the area. Shelburne, Charlotte, Ferrisburgh, Vergennes, Panton, Addison all will probably have some color left.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
7,762 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oct 18-20

Agreed. Or if you need to fly into Buffalo, the drive is relatively nice (~8 hrs).

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,486 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oct 18-20

I'd fly into Burlington, send your wife home on a plane from Burlington, and then do your drive to Buffalo (it's a haul). If you get into Burlington on October 17, I would expect there to still be decent color in the area. As noted, we still have a lot of green trees around here.

For what it's worth, Delta will fly you from Burlington to Detroit to Buffalo. Seems a bit silly to fly to Detroit to get to Buffalo, but overall it would be less time than driving. On Expedia, looks like you could fly on a sunday afternoon for about $150. (I do not like the drive to Buffalo--booooooorrrrring.)

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oct 18-20

Another option is to fly into Albany, NY and check out the SW Vermont area and northern (MA) Berkshire area. It's a direct drive from the Albany airport to Buffalo.

In the Bennington, Brattleboro, and Berkshire MA areas, there are still lots of green leaves on the trees, alongside many that have turned already. It's one of those years when the leaves seem to turn little by little, stretching the color out over the weeks.

Ramat Gan, Israel
Level Contributor
16 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oct 18-20

Hi

i am planning a foliage trip from NYC on 22 in October

will it still peak in bershires / southern vermont : woodstock /newfane / manchester ?

it is worth the visit ?

any other recommendation for the time between October 22-27 for foliage ( ive never been and flying in from Israel) will be welcomed ( on 28 i need to be in Boston )

Thanks

9. Re: Oct 18-20

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:16