We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to find a romantic Christmas in Vermont

Milford, NH
Level Contributor
381 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Where to find a romantic Christmas in Vermont

Hello all - hubby and are would like to plan a simple, romantic 3 night stay at Christmas time (probably 24th-27th) somewhere in Vermont. We are from NH and have not been to VT at all and thought it would be a good time to try. Below is some of our criteria so any suggestions of areas and/or places to stay would be great.

1) Area that has a nice small town feel and that can be easily walked

2) Accommodations that include a fire place and whirlpool in our room.

3) Would like to do a sleigh ride so any suggestions where...

4) A place to eat for Christmas dinner - we will obviously be away from home so either a lodging with restaurant choice or a separate restaurant that you know is open for Christmas.

Thanks ahead for any help

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
8,594 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to find a romantic Christmas in Vermont

Woodstock may be one of the best options, and Davidbignose is our top expert for that area. Bet he can steer you right.

Stowe is more familiar to me - which has sleigh rides locally, and the Golden Eagle motor lodge is my fav place to stay - which has many rooms w/ whirlpool and/or fireplaces. (Nice waling trails on-property too!). The only issue is that Stowe is rather spread-out, along the Mtn Rd, so it's not a dense, "little-town" feeling place. It does have a great rec path with superb views from many spots.

Enjoy!

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
476 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to find a romantic Christmas in Vermont

You might consider the Inn Victoria in Chester; Chester is a delightful, walkable town and Inn Victoria,which is located on the main street, is wonderful with a romantic atmosphere. Not all of the rooms have a fireplace or whirlpool but some of them do; they have good details and pictures on their website. Penny and Jessica are superb chefs and they recently posted on Facebook that Christmas Day dinner and a light Christmas Eve dinner are included in the cost of the room.

http://www.innvictoria.com/

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to find a romantic Christmas in Vermont

Evening GR8Escape,

Indeed Woodstock will tick many boxes. As to whirlpool type tubs and fireplaces I think that may be a tall order, you can certainly find places with one but i am not aware that many have both. The ones with fireplaces do not tubs in the bedroom, and vice versa. However check out the village website www.woodstockvt.com and see individual properties. As a local innkeeper with some knowledge, I do believe some of the inns around/in the village do have real fires ( I personally dislike gas ones....) either located within the inn or bedrooms and a few do have spa baths. I also know the issue can be one of insurance not letting some inns actually use their real fire places, so do personally e-mail/phone any inn that interests you.

All the other points you seek can be easily delivered in what is often quoted as being one of the five prettiest villages in all of the US.

As ever yours actually escaping the cold at present.....in Jamacia!

4. Re: Where to find a romantic Christmas in Vermont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:17