We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Jay Peak big enough for 7 days?

NY, NY
Level Contributor
378 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Is Jay Peak big enough for 7 days?

Usually for President's week we go to Stowe or near Killlington and ski and cross country. This year I booked a week at Jay Peak because I've heard so much about the great conditions, good prices and facilities, etc. But I just looked at a trail map and it doesn't look like there is enough going on to keep us busy for a week--at least five or six days of skiing. Even Stowe and Killington get boring after four or five days and I am wondering if I should cancel and try to find a place somewhere else. Any thoughts? Thank you.

conn
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Jay Peak big enough for 7 days?

Not only does Jay Peak have great skiing they have a large indoor water park. Swim, go on water slides, surf or just enjoy the lazy river.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 23:57
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Jay Peak big enough for 7 days?

And if you're so inclined, do a day trip to Burlington or Montreal (with your passport of course). :)

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
2,593 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Jay Peak big enough for 7 days?

It depends on your level of skiing. The more experienced you are, the more you will enjoy the mountain. It also depends on snow conditions. If you are a good, confident skier and there is fresh snowfall on top of a good base, then Jay will be awesome for a week. There is a ton of terrain that is not reflected very well on the trail map (i.e., woods/glades), but it is there. Alternatively, if you are an average skier who likes to cruise the blue square groomers, then yes, Jay will probably get old after a couple of days.

port republic
Level Contributor
2,412 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Jay Peak big enough for 7 days?

Agree with Adam, If you are up to the challenge, and there is POW, Jay is known for it's off piste skiing.

they do offer some of trail lessons so you don't have to learn that on your own. never ski off trail alone.

that should hold your interest

as an alternative North Conway NH. has Attitash and Wildcat within about 15 minutes, and 2 small inexpensive but fun areas( when conditions are good) Black mt and Cranmore in town. within 45 minutes you could add Bretton woods and Loon, maybe within an hour add Cannon and Waterville valley, you can't get bored there. SKINH offers good lift tix deals

Willow Street...
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Jay Peak big enough for 7 days?

If you are interested in food, I can recommend eating at places in Hatley and North Hatley in the eastern townships of quebec, not far to travel.

6. Re: Is Jay Peak big enough for 7 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Vermont