We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Route from Woodstock, VT to Brewster, MA

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Route from Woodstock, VT to Brewster, MA

We are spending about 10 days in New England in late September this year. On a road-travel day, we are driving from Woodstock in the early morning to Brewster on Cape Cod for the night. We would prefer not to just drive the interstate highway route if there are more scenic ways to make this trip. We would love to see nature, interesting small towns, places to walk around, etc.

Any suggestions for us?

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Route from Woodstock, VT to Brewster, MA

Afternoon Connie,

There really is not a route that offers anything better than I89, as the interstate gives you some great views, and once over the M A border going towards Cape Cod there is nothing much to see, so take the I93 right under Boston. The journey out of the rush hour will take about 4-5 hours depending where on the Cape you are going.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Route from Woodstock, VT to Brewster, MA

Thanks so much, David! We'll just spend a few more hours in your pretty hometown that morning and take the interstate to the Cape.

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Route from Woodstock, VT to Brewster, MA

I just want to add that both Boston and Route 3 south to the Cape can offer serious traffic delays depending on the day of the week and the time you hit them. Worst case scenario: a Friday afternoon. Though in September traffic to the Cape won't be as bad as summer, I would time it so that you are leaving the Boston area by 3:00 at the latest, preferably even earlier to miss the after-school traffic.

Google maps would have you take Route 128 (also referred to as 95) around Boston instead of taking 93 straight through the city. I agree with David and would just stay on 93 as traffic on 128 can be just as bad or worse than 93 and adds a few miles to your route.

There are certainly places you could stop along the way, downtown Concord, NH is one of them.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Route from Woodstock, VT to Brewster, MA

Thanks for your tips! This road trip will be on Sunday so we hope that the Cape traffic will be headed the other direction. We'll follow your suggested route and put Concord on our stopping off list.

5. Re: Route from Woodstock, VT to Brewster, MA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:17