We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation help

michigan
Level Contributor
249 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
vacation help

Vermont next summer love the water any suggestion on accomidations? 2 adults

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation help

Hi I think we need a little more information. Do you want a water view or somewhere near watersports. Is it just swimming or boating canoeing or maybe fishing? Do you want a B&B or hotel. What sort of budget? Are you younger "romantics" or older outdoorsy types. There are so many wonderful places here but it is important to pick the right spot to ensure that your enjoyment of Vermont is not spoilt.

michigan
Level Contributor
249 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation help

We like: swimming, relaxing in the sun.we are 47yrs old,never to old for Romance, not big on crouds.any help would be great

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation help

Check out North Hero House in North Hero. It's right on Lake Champlain.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation help

Well anywhere on a lake in vermont should be a sure bet...but some places do get crowded with kids during the summer. We love the beach at Plymouth state park. great swimming and canoing. But then I'm rather partial to the Okemo valley area in general (southern VT www.discoverokemo.org) Beautiful quaint little towns full of romantic B&B's excellent restaurants and lots of stuff to do in every season. Quintissential Vermont ,not over developed or touristy ,so it never really gets crowded. Being as youre the same age as me I'm sure you'd enjoy it around our neck of the woods :-)

5. Re: vacation help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 04:18