We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foliage .. Green Mountain (VT) or White Mountain (NH)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
308 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Foliage .. Green Mountain (VT) or White Mountain (NH)

I only have 2 days for the foliage trip this weekend. Where should I go between the Green Mountain in Vermont and the White Mountain in New Hampshire?

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foliage .. Green Mountain (VT) or White Mountain (NH)

Oh boy. Do you have lodging reservations? If not, get on the phone ASAP. You may get lucky and find something. IMO, Vermont is where it's at. We've got tons of decidious trees and a very agrarian landscape (farms, fields, etc) which offer a nice contrast with the foliage. There are more evergreen trees in Northern NH and is mostly forested - not a lot of open views like VT.

But...like I first mentioned, find yourself someplace to stay first and go exploring from there.

southeastern, pa
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Foliage .. Green Mountain (VT) or White Mountain (NH)

Hedge your bets - Connecticut river.

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Foliage .. Green Mountain (VT) or White Mountain (NH)

Vter is correct. If you don't have a lodging reservation, that may well determine where you end up. Anywhere is southern and south-central VT is gorgeous right now. So hop in the car quick!

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foliage .. Green Mountain (VT) or White Mountain (NH)

We're VERY close to peak here in Chester VT - this weekends chilly nights should pop the reds - it looks set to be a spectacular Columbus weekend.

Check out www.discoverokemo.com for last minute availability - or telephone lodging properties in the area - we have all be given current availability so most should be able to tell you who still has rooms or has had cancelleations - but hurry theres not much left!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
308 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Foliage .. Green Mountain (VT) or White Mountain (NH)

Yeah, we do have a reservation in Woodstock, so we have a choice to go east to the White Mtn or west to the Green Mtn. Any other local updates?

I am also wondering a gondola ride to the Killington Peak is as good as it is advertised?

6. Re: Foliage .. Green Mountain (VT) or White Mountain (NH)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 21:18