We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skiing/ log cabin rentals?

atl
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
skiing/ log cabin rentals?

My boyfriend and I are looking to go skiing in VT this winter break. We don't know much about this area, so we are hoping to get some preliminary advice. For beginning skiiers, which is the best place to go? and also, we are looking for a cabin to rent for 2 days (hopefully around $100 or less and hopefully with a hot tub!) does anyone have advice or suggestions on these two topics

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skiing/ log cabin rentals?

Where in VT? What dates? The price will be dependent upon location.

atl
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: skiing/ log cabin rentals?

okay, we want to go the week between christmas and new years. in terms of where in VT< we are not picky. we have heard about Stowe, or northeast kingdom... i guess we would love input on areas too...but mostly, we would love it if we could find some sort of log cabin type place close to skiing...

atl
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: skiing/ log cabin rentals?

okay, we want to go the week between christmas and new years. in terms of where in VT< we are not picky. we have heard about Stowe, or northeast kingdom... i guess we would love input on areas too...but mostly, we would love it if we could find some sort of log cabin type place close to skiing...

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: skiing/ log cabin rentals?

I think you price range may be far too low. That's prime season up here. Lots of folks from NYC, Boston, etc.... willing to shell out big bucks for condos.

Your best bet may be to check out some of the more remote areas, such as Burke Mountain, Jay Peak, etc.... The big areas such as Killington will be packed and expensive. If you're coming up all this way, you may want to check out Titus Mountain acrosss the lake in NY, or perhaps even Canada, such as Owl's Head. Both are low on the chic scales, but are great for beginer skiers. Rentals rates should be lower, too.

Vermont
Level Contributor
536 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: skiing/ log cabin rentals?

I just checked out rentals at Burke Mountain for that week for my brother and the cheapest condo left was $375/night! That is prime time high rates that week - plus they are already almost sold out. Your best bet maybe to stay in a hotel - sorry :(.

Ash

Roswell, New Mexico
Level Contributor
718 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: skiing/ log cabin rentals?

One consideration may be to stay in White River Junction or Burlington, and drive up to where you want to ski. Ypu'll have acces to greater dining options and won't have to fight crowds of 'city people.'

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: skiing/ log cabin rentals?

Hi Ash!

Someone from Montreal is looking for you on the Punta Cana forum for advice on Caribe Club Princess.

Hope you are feeling well and baby is doing OK!

Your friend, Starz

8. Re: skiing/ log cabin rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 11:22