We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

A place where family can meet and have some things to do in the area for a ouple days. Thank you.

Charlottesville, VA
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

How about Wytheville, Virginia?

http://visitwytheville.org/

Plenty of outdoor activities in the area, some small museums, shopping, farm & garden tours, golf, etc.

Any UFO buffs in the family?? Wytheville used to have something of a reputation for UFO sightings (not sure if they're still happening or not).

But mostly it's just a nice, Virginia country town.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

Not far from Wytheville is Abingdon. I don't know what your interests are, or the ages in the family, but highlights include a winery, an old mill, The Barter Theater, The Virginia Creeper Trail (rent bikes). See my Go List:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i802-Life_in_th…

Oh wait, I see you're in TN - so are you looking for a place on your way to DC or on your way back?

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

Does it matter if on the way to DC or TN? LOL

I have family in DC, and we want a mid point to meet for a couple days.

Thank you to all.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

Does it matter? HA - probably not. I guess it matters more the starting and stopping points. What would be about half way between the 2? And would that matter to you? If you live in Knoxville, that's only 2 hours away from Abingdon, so maybe you wouldn't want to stop at all there. But if you're from Memphis, there's a 7 hr difference, so maybe you'd want to stop sooner or later (depending on which direction you're going). Does that make sense? Anyway, that was my line of reasoning.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

I have stayed in Wytheville one night and thought this would be a nice place to come back to and see some time but I thought it was a ways closer to Nashville than DC. Am I wrong?

Thank you for the site chickenlady. I think my grandson who travels with me some times would like the Wytheville Community Recreation Center (I have never seen one that nice) and the Virginia City & Gem Mine.

Wendymath, your go list is really nice! I think about doing some that nice but never get around to it!

Some of the family is around Nashville and some are around DC. That is why I am looking for something at or close to the middle of the two.

Some would like the winery,the theater and the old mill, no one on this trip would be up for the bike trail but I passed it on to my sons who would love it. We love animals, water falls that take very little walking, and beautiful drives like the BlueRidge.

Thank you to all.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,912 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

Using Mapquest, Nashville to Wytheville is about 365 miles, and Wytheville to DC is about 305 miles, so it's a pretty good compromise.

Tn
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

Wow, It is close to DC!

Thank you Zoey1996

8. Re: Mid point between DC & Nashville Tn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 17:20