We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chesapeake Bay in Winter

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Chesapeake Bay in Winter

I decided to get out of DC for inauguration weekend and stay at a B&B in Urbanna for a few days instead of fighting the crowds.

We are going to Williamsburg and the outlets, but I was wondering what the other quaint/interesting/pretty towns are in the area? I know its going to be cold, so I want a mix of indoor and outdoor activities

We have a dog, so pet friendly would be nice, but not required.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chesapeake Bay in Winter

If the weather is good, you might enjoy a hike. One of my favorites is nearby in Kilmarnock called Hickory Hollow Nature Trail (more info www.dgif.virginia.gov). It's a 5 mile or less loop in a beautiful area. Belle Isle State Park is also convenient, www.dcr.virginia.gov/state_parks/. For ideas on things to do try middlepeninsula.com and northernneck.org

Happy trails.

Mentioned in this post
Kilmarnock
Kilmarnock
Virginia
Belle Isle State Park
Belle Isle State Park
49 Reviews
Virginia
Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chesapeake Bay in Winter

Newport News & Yorktown both neighbor Williamsburg. So you may consider checking them out as well. Quite a variety of things to do, depending on your interests. Here are the links to their sites for you to check out.

www.newport-news.org

http://www.yorkcounty.gov/tourism/index.html

Mentioned in this post
Yorktown
Yorktown
Virginia
3. Re: Chesapeake Bay in Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 18:18