We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

proveing someone in another commet

RichmondVa.
3 posts
Save Topic
proveing someone in another commet

Kings Dominion rides is not for sissies there rides are bigger than Bush Gardens the Intiminator 305 is 95 feet bigger than applos chariout and the Dominator is doule the lenth of the Griffion and double the fun Kings dominion is way better than Bush Gardens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: proveing someone in another commet

My mother-in-law was a 10th grade English teacher....I love to send her gems like this post.....thanks, pizza, and "keep 'em coming!"

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: proveing someone in another commet

Yes, earned much credibility with that display of grammar abuse.

Rowe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
581 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: proveing someone in another commet

I hate to be mean... I was an English as a Second Language teacher and am very adept at figuring out the meaning of fractured English. But this thread has me totally stumped. Wow.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,844 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: proveing someone in another commet

If the issue is the content of the message,,,,,seems to me it's fairly straightforward....

My translation: Kings Dominion (amusement park) rides is (are?) not for sissies. There (their) rides are bigger than Busch Gardens. The Intimidator 305 (roller coaster) is 95 feet bigger (longer/higher) than Applos (Appollo's?) Chariout (Chariot? roller coaster at Busch Gardens) and the Dominator (roller coaster at King's Dominion) is double the length of the Griffon (coaster at Busch Gardens) and double the fun. King's Dominion is way better than Busch Gardens.....

That said, maybe the real mystery is what post did this writer think they were responding to? Or, were they simply trying to post a roller coaster review and didn't understand the difference between a regular post and a review?

If you look at their posting history, their previous post also involves a discussion of the various merits of those two amusement parks....and their thrill rides in particular.

The language, grammar, and limited number of posts over a nine-month period suggests someome with a narrow focus who's trying to prove they're right abiout which park is better.

Have to admit, I'm most surprised by the amount of time other folks (including me) have spent trying to deal with the original post....could be someone just pushing some buttons....and if so, it apparently worked!

5. Re: proveing someone in another commet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2010, 07:18