We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin visit

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
442 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Dublin visit

Hi everyone,

There will be four of us wanting to visit the New River Valley Volvo Truck facility in Dublin the end of March.

Where should we fly into? Where should we stay? Where should we get a round of golf in?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dublin visit

I think you meant to post this in one of the Ireland forums -- County Cavan maybe?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,916 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dublin visit

There really is a New River Valley Volvo Truck manufacturing facility in Dublin, Virginia. It's in Pulaski county, not too far from Blacksburg. Population around 2,100. So asking in the Blacksburg, VA forum might get some answers, if this doesn't draw any answers.

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
442 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dublin visit

Thanks Zoey,

I think we'll fly in to Roanoke. Just need to decide if we want to stay near there or stay in Dublin. Same for the golf, near Roanoke or near Dublin?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dublin visit

oops -- my mistake for reading too quickly

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dublin visit

There are a couple decent hotels in Dublin, but Dublin is VERY small. It caters to the camping/fishing folk going to Claytor Lake. Try Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn. For golf, there are several golf courses in Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Radford, all of which are a short drive from Dublin. Roanoke is the nearest big city and also has golf. I'm not a golfer, so I can't recommend anything.

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
442 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dublin visit

Thanks

7. Re: Dublin visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2010, 06:16