We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Williamsburg to Philadelphia Airport

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Williamsburg to Philadelphia Airport

We are taking a tour of Maryland and Virginia in late April. To get direct flights to our closest UK airport, we decided to fly in and out of Philadelphia Airport.

On the last day of our tour, we will need to drive from Williamsburg to PHL for an evening flight. This means we have plenty of time, but I wonder if it is worthwhile using the US-13 route, rather than I-95? It adds a bit of time, but is it a good route?

NEWPORT NEWS, VA
Level Contributor
406 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Williamsburg to Philadelphia Airport

I would definitely take Route 13 (and actually I did when we took a cruise out of Philadelphia). You won't find the congestion you'd encounter on I-95 (much of 13 is rural) and the trip across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (with a restaurant, a visitor center, restrooms and a gift shop located on the man-made island just before you enter the first tunnel heading to the Eastern Shore) is memorable. That said, there's a toll of $12, but to avoid heavy traffic and to experience the CBBT it's been well worth it to me.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
8 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Williamsburg to Philadelphia Airport

Thanks. I will take your advice. :)

3. Re: Williamsburg to Philadelphia Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:42