We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Towns/Routes for Antiquing

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Best Towns/Routes for Antiquing

Thinking about an early fall trip to Virginia. Would fly into D.C. and probably stay in northern part of VA. We enjoy flea markets and antique shops (junky small stuff...not high end furniture). Any towns or areas that would be good for us to explore?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Towns/Routes for Antiquing

One of the best antique routes is down Route 11 in the Shenandoah Valley. New Market is a key spot.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Towns/Routes for Antiquing

Fredericksburg used to have a lot of antique shops in the downtown area. Haven't been in several years, but it is a quaint historic town. F'burg is 50 miles south of DC on I95. And, there is a flea market further south right on I95, but I have never been there (weekends only). There is a mid-adlantic antique publication that lists many shops. Boy, I would love to go with you!

3. Re: Best Towns/Routes for Antiquing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 09:41