We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

does anybody know a place to snorkel in DMV area?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
does anybody know a place to snorkel in DMV area?

I live in Northern Virginia and would very much love to snorkel. I am willing to travel within VA and MD. I am looking for a place to snorkel...preferably without sharks or other dangerous species... thanks :)

Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: does anybody know a place to snorkel in DMV area?

For a minute there, I thought you wanted to snorkel at the Department of Motor Vehicles. That image brought a smile to my face:-)

Now I realize you are asking about Delaware, Maryland and Virginia snorkeling spots.

I can't offer any specific advice as it is not something I would want to do here. Dive shops can usually offer advice on snorkeling. You could visit one in your area or look online for ideas. Dive shops in resort areas sometimes offer excursions.

In general, the waters in this area don't have very good visibility. And then there is the problem of finding a place that is not overrun with boaters.

If you are used to snorkeling in the islands or in Florida, you would probably be disappointed. Just my opinion.

2. Re: does anybody know a place to snorkel in DMV area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:15