We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a secluded hide-away in Virginia

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a secluded hide-away in Virginia

My husband is coming home from a long deployment this Christmas, and I'm looking to sneak away to somewhere secluded, quiet, and romantic for a few days. Considering his long travel to get home, we don't want to fly or spend all day in the car to get there, so it would need to be within three hours of the DC area. I want a fireplace and a cabin where we can wander through the woods. A jacuzzi would be ideal. I wouldn't mind staying at a resort, as long as we had our privacy. Any recommendations of where to begin looking?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,640 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a secluded hide-away in Virginia

Although this thread is dated, it has a lot of good starting points for your search.

Don't discount Maryland and West Virginia.

Good luck!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28967-i62-k153639…

Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,405 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a secluded hide-away in Virginia

Have you looked in VBRO?

You can find a nice selection there

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…shenandoah-valley

Columbia, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,722 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a secluded hide-away in Virginia

Take a look at the Bavarian Inn in Shepherdstown, WV. Right along the Potomac River. Cross the bridge and head down to the C & O Canal tow path and walk to your hearts content. The luxury river front rooms will fit the bill perfectly. About 1.5 hours from DC. The food in the restaurant is excellent. THe atmosphere is romantic and not stuffy.

http://www.bavarianinnwv.com/

Edited: 23 October 2012, 15:53
Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a secluded hide-away in Virginia

Thank you everyone! These recommendations were outstanding!

5. Re: Looking for a secluded hide-away in Virginia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:16