We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shooting Range

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Shooting Range

Hi,

Perhaps an unusual request but can anyone point me in the direction of a novice friendly shooting range in the Williamsburg/Hampton/Virginia Beach area where we can rent weapons for hour or so?

Here in the UK we don't get much chance to fire off pistols and the like (unless you're a criminal of course ;-))

Some years ago in Florida I had fun afternoon on a range and would like to repeat the experience,

We'll be in the area first week in August, thanks to all on this forum I have picked up a lot of info on things to do on our visit.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hampton
Hampton
Virginia
Florida
Florida
United States
Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shooting Range

You get the prize for the most unusual question.

In Virginia Beach there's Superior Pawn on VB Blvd; nearby in Norfolk is Bob's Gun Shop on Granby St; then in Newport News is The Marksman on Industrial Park Drive. All are indoor and do rent firearms.

Mentioned in this post
Norfolk
Norfolk
Virginia
Dublin, Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shooting Range

You absolutely should drive the 30 minutes to Richmond on I-64 West and take Glenside East exit on Broad Street Road and you are there. Colonial Shooting Academy is the largest indoor range in country with 51 lanes, great store and sandwich shop! WWW.COLONIALSHOOTING.COM

LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKED IT...ONE OF A KIND 5 Star Range....

Mentioned in this post
Colonial Shooting Academy
70 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,889 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shooting Range

30 minutes???? Try 2 hours from Virginia Beach, 1 hour from Williamsburg.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin, Virginia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shooting Range

Sorry, your correct, I'm thinking a little over an hour from Williamsburg if traffic is normal during day...I only thought of Williamsburg....it's such a nice facility, it would be worth a day trip for my family...it reminds me of Scottsdale Gun Club, only bigger...it is already popular with International Visitors as they have a huge Map of The World where travelers can put pin up to show where they are visiting from....thanks for the correction on time travel...

Mentioned in this post
Scottsdale
Scottsdale
Central Arizona, AZ
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shooting Range

Thanks for the interesting replies, Colonial Shooting looks like the very place we need.

We are staying in Wiliamsburg for a few days visiting the historic sites and had planed to take a day in Richmond at the civil war museum, so a detour to the range is very possible.

I'll let you know how we get on ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Shooting Range

I also highly recommend Colonial Shooting Academy. It's one of the best facilities in the US, and by far the nicest in VA. Richmond is quite fortunate to have such a nice place to shoot indoors. If you can go during the day during the week, you'll have better luck getting someone to spend a little time with you, and get on a lane quickly.

Mentioned in this post
70 Reviews
Richmond, VA
Richmond
Richmond
Virginia
7. Re: Shooting Range

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 05:16