We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Houston to Lynchburg and back

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Houston to Lynchburg and back

I will be driving to Lynchburg, VA from Houston, TX and back and I was wanting to follow some scenic routes. I am not in a hurry, so I don't mind going out of my way, I just want to see some beautiful country. Recommendations for cities to stop in, things to do and places to stay would be helpful as well. I will have a 10 month old baby with me, so I am somewhat limited in the things that I can do. Thanks for the advise.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Houston to Lynchburg and back

So many options. The warmth, sun and palm trees of Florida, the historic setting of Mississippi, Ga, SC. The beaches on the East Coast.

We made that drive a few times with someone who was afraid to fly. I forget how long it took...24 hours drivetime maybe. I'll see if I can find out. Not in a hurry is best. It can be tiring in a car at best and with a baby it'll be tougher. Good you can have time to get out more for breaks. We used to drive one day, stay overnight, drive the next day and arrive exhausted. Then we decided to spend a second night on the road and drive a shorter distance next day so we were fresher.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Houston to Lynchburg and back

That is the plan, to do it in 3 days. We wouldn't even be opposed to 4. We want to incorporate the Blue Ridge Parkway into the trip at some point as well. We wanted to spend some time on the coast as well. My travel mate has never been to a real beach, just the gulf in Texas, which barely qualifies. We may make a day trip to the coast once we are in Lynchburg as well.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,548 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Houston to Lynchburg and back

You do do a circular route. One way go toward the coast, the other way cross the state and go south via mountains. Va is a wide state in the middle and very wide at the bottom. For example, it would take about 4 hours to get from Va. Beach to Lynchburg.

4. Re: Travel from Houston to Lynchburg and back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:18