We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best exit from Blue Ridge pkwy back onto I81 near Roanoke.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Best exit from Blue Ridge pkwy back onto I81 near Roanoke.

Hello

Planning a late September road trip from Philly to visit my daughter who has just moved to Nashville. With some time constraints we are planning to do the drive down over 3 days and 2 nights:

DAY 1 - morning drive from Philly to Front Royal, short lunch break, then all afternoon into early evening along Skyline Drive. W have made hotel reservations near Waynesboro.

DAY 2 - after breakfast, start driving Blue Ridge parkway. For now I am thinking of exiting somewhere around Roanoke to get back onto i81. We made hotel reservations in Abingdon for that night (unless we could make it to Johnson City TN...would like to be at hotels by 6 pm on average.

Would like advice on where best to exit BRP to get onto I81 please.

DAY 3. - after breakfast go as far as Knoxville for short tour and lunch. In afternoon continue Knoxville to Nashville, arriving Nashville at about 5 pm

for drive back we may go North through Kentucky......with same time allowance to get back to Philly....have not started looking at those route possibilities yet.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
92 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best exit from Blue Ridge pkwy back onto I81 near Roanoke.

There's an exit just north of Roanoke that takes you to Route 460. Drive south a few miles to Alt-220 (Cloverdale Road), which will take you to I-81.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
32 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best exit from Blue Ridge pkwy back onto I81 near Roanoke.

Thanks much!

3. Re: Best exit from Blue Ridge pkwy back onto I81 near Roanoke.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2015, 05:17