We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Coast Accomadation Recomendations......

Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Need Coast Accomadation Recomendations......

Hi all :)

I am trying to plan a 3-4 day visit with my family to the coast.

I am intersted in the "Iron Springs" Resort .....Klaloch Lodge/Cabins ... or the "Sandpiper" Resort. But after reading some reviews on these places....I am not sure about any of them?

Has anyone been to any of these places lately? and could you give me your opinion. Also is there other recommendations for a place to stay. We prefer places that have easy beach access and great views. Thanks for any thoughts :)

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Coast Accomadation Recomendations......

Any place out on the coast is going to have its drawbacks--I haven't found any place that doesn't have some cons and I've been going out there for years. My favorite is the Ocean Crest Resort in Moclips but it's not perfect either (very 70s/80s furnishing for instance) but the view and beach are fantastic and I like being on that part of the coast because it's not as developed as it is further south in Ocean Shores.

So long as you go expecting basic accommodations and put the focus on the beach rather than the room you should be fine.

I have heard that the newer cabins at the La Push Resort are pretty nice--I'm hoping to have a chance to see one in a couple weeks when I go out to Forks for the weekend to go hiking.

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Coast Accomadation Recomendations......

I called the Sandpiper in May and they were nearly all booked up for the summer. The new Quinault Beach Resort at the entrance to Ocean Shores is really nice. We stayed there at the beginning of May. Not sure about their availability now. Otherwise, you might search on craigslist.org for cabins/houses/inns in the Pacific Beach / Moclips area. Vrbo.com has several listings too.

3. Re: Need Coast Accomadation Recomendations......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 08:21