We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

We are looking to pamper ourselves in a nice resort, maximum 4-5 hours drive from Vancouver, Canada.

Could be in BC or Washnigton state.

We've been before to Seattle, Salt Spring Island, Victoria and Whistler. So, something else... We like to have nice attractions in the area for us and the kid, good restaurants, beautiful area with scenary of lakes, mountains etc.

Any ideas?

Though about the Cascades area (Leavenworth, Chelan lake, North Cascade park) - but I'm not too familiar with the area, and don't know where to stay. Recommendations are welcome.

We'd like to stay in a 1 or 2 bdrms suite. Hotel room will be too small.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

Sun Mountain Lodge, near Winthrop, WA

Bellevue, WA
Level Contributor
529 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

How about Hornby Island?

It would take you three ferry rides to get to Hornby Island - that's fun already. They had a beautiful, crescent shaped beach there with emerald green sand. One of the lovliest beaches I know. You'd need to find a vacation rental house or cabin, rather than a resort. I see one advertised sometimes on Craigslist.org or you could look on VRBO.com.

Another place I'd love to go someday is Tofino. You can find nice resorts on the beach there.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

What's so great about Sun Mountain Lodge? We don't ride horses, don't fish, and don't do mountain biking (our son is too young). What else to do in the resort or the area?

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

Sun Mountain Lodge has a terrific pool, hikes, fishing, etc. It is a nice resort with plenty of amenities, however, if you don't like mountain type activities it won't meet your needs. What do you like to do as a family that would be appealing in a resort?

Lake Chelan is good option. Plenty of activities. We like to rent a house at Wapato Point Resort. There are several types of accommodations at various price points. Others like Campbells or Petersons on the Lake.

Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Family Travel
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

BTW - there is nothing at Lake Chelan that I know of in the category of "pamper ourselves in a nice resort". It is more "family friendly" area.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

To me the operative word is "pamper", as it was to others. Your 4 yo will enjoy "being" and being with parents.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

We've decided on staying 3 nights in Leavenworth, in the Aspen Suites at The Icicle Village Resort.

We'll spend one day in Leavenworth village, parks and shops + Icicle Junction Activities Center (mini golf and arcade).

We'll do one day trip to Lake Chelan and the small water park there.

And one day in the area - don't know exatly yet, but we'll see.

Is that a good plan?

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

"What's so great about Sun Mountain Lodge? We don't ride horses, don't fish, and don't do mountain biking (our son is too young). What else to do in the resort or the area?"

A rather acerbic reply to a well intentioned suggestion.

Since I cannot read your mind, I cannot infer what you do, and don't, like to do. Had listed your "don't likes", I still would have suggested Sun Mt. Lodge for reasons you cited in your OP and by others.

www.leavenworth.org/modules/pages/index.php…

Vancouver
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

I apologize. That wasn't my intention. I just read recommendations about this resort in other threads, and honestly just tried to undetstand more about it.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Long weekend with a 4 years old - any ideas?

A misinterpretation, then. Peace!