We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

My mom, and her sisters are going on their annual "Sister's Weekend" in September, and are looking for an alternative to their usual trip to LaConner, WA. In the past LaConner has been a near-perfect option for the sisters, but is almost completely booked for the weekend they are travelling (Sept. 16-18) this year due to a Rolls Royce event going on in the town.

Anyone have any good alternatives for a group of 4-6 grandmas with some minor mobility (no wheelchairs, just some endurance problems due to illness) issues?

Please Help ASAP!!

Thank you, Gayla

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

By the way, the sisters are located in these areas:

San Juan islands

Richland (Eastern WA)

Ocean Shores

Yakima

Wenatchee

Thanks Again, Gayla

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
19,135 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

sure, why not go a little farther and stay at Langley on Whidbey Island, or take the ferry to Pt. Townsend? You could also go north on I-5 a little and stay at Bellingham or Birch bay?

Anacortes...
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

Well, it wouldn;t be that far for the Wenatchee g-ma but what about Leavenworth?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
467 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

I second Davidmg recommendation for Port Townsend and Sequim is close by with the lavendar farms.

Sincerely,

Diana

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

Thank you all for these ideas. I am running them past the ladies, and we'll see!

Very helpful!

washington state
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

Hello!

My husband and I discovered a place near Mt. Baker, just east of Bellingham, www.thelogs.com .

We have been going there for the past 4 years now and truley love it. I also have been there with girlfriends, as well as a retreat all to myself! Tom and Wendy, the owners, along with their 3 beautiful young girls are just the most hospitable folks you will ever meet. The cabins were built in the '50s alongside Canyon Creek which runs into the Nooksack River. This past Fall, the county declared the property flood land. Tom and Wendy had 2 choices: either burn the cabins down or move them. Noone thought that moving them was possible. But, they did it and thus saved 5 pieces of history! The cabins were moved just a couple of miles up the road to a higher ground. The creek is still only a 5-10 minute walk from the cabins. Just go to the website and you will see what the cabins include, as well as an email link, to check on reservation availability. Everyone that I have recommended these charming cabins to, have been thoroughly overjoyed with them!

Smiles and blessings,

Kathy

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! Where to visit for Grandmas in WA. State?

I would love to know where in LaConner you took your sisters! I took my sisters just across the Canadian border (I-5) and stayed in a deluxe suite at the Aston Pacific Inn. www.pacificinn.com

From the highway it looks like a huge pink palace. But inside, it is a tropical oasis. Check out the website for photos. I called ahead and spoke with the manager, who got me a good deal on a suite with an ajoining room. The suite had a huge jetted tub! Each room had a balcony overlooking the tropical solarium and swimming pool. Us sisters stayed there to do scrapbooking. When we got hungry, we just went downstairs to the poolside restaurant.

Don't forget to tell everyone to bring their passports for the border! One sister made me get out so we could take a photo of her leaving the country. haha